Icehouse VenturesIcehouse Venture is a New Zealand-based startup accelerator and early-stage venture fund that aims to help entrepreneurs and startups turn their ideas into successful businesses.
The company provides mentorship, investment, and networking opportunities to startups in various industries, including technology, healthcare, and consumer goods. IceHouse Venture was founded in 2001 and has since helped launch and grow over 200 companies, with a particular focus on supporting innovative and disruptive startups.Learn More
SKILLS LEARNEDDiscover Your ToolkitKey topics and competencies students will acquire and develop during their learning journey.
Build and Launch a Startup
Build and launch your startup in front of one of the largest venture capital funds in ANZ with over $500m assets under management.
Mentoring by Successful Founders
Be mentored throughout the program by successful founders, YCombinator alumni and Venture Capital investors.
Annual Startup Showcase
The winning startup will get a Flights and Accommodation included trip to join Icehouse Ventures in New Zealand for their annual startup showcase and ...
PROGRAM OUTLINEDiscover Your Weekly Program Journey4-week roadmap to define each stage of a virtual work-experience program.
- Ideate on startup ideas with the potential for massive scale with key focus areas in: FinTech, B2B software, Consumer Technology, BioTech/MedTech, Crypto/Web3 and Generative AI.
- You will address key questions for your startup idea such as market size, customer segment, business model, go to market strategy, technical feasibility.
- If you apply as a solo founder you will be matched with 1-3 other students as co-founders.
- Using lean methodology, you will spend the next 2 weeks building your minimal viable product (MVP).
- The goal will be to build an MVP as fast as possible in preparation to validate your startup assumptions next week.
Validate and Test
- You will go to market with your MVP and test with potential customers.
- The goal will be to get one paying customer and/or letter of intent.
- In the final week you will pitch to a panel of angel investors, venture capitalists and other founders for the final.
- You will build your startup pitch deck and prepare to talk about your discovery journey.